Error: Status 3180 ... Quickbooks error message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
When attempting to voucher or interface with QuickBooks the message Status: 3180 ... Quickbooks error message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor is given.
This error is the result of several incorrect settings in QuickBooks.
- Company Preferences are defined to use Sales Tax, but the Company Information has not been set to use a specific type of Tax Form.
- The Vendor for the tax agency is not set to a type of Tax Agency
- Accounts being interfaced are not setup with a Tax Type.
QuickBooks companies are defined with a Wizard. When values are selected from this wizard which do not correspond to the proper setup for the taxes, this error will be given.
Follow the steps below to review the QuickBooks setup.
- Select Company/ Company Information.
- Under Report Information set Income Tax Form Used to the desired tax form type.