Steps to manually enter a credit card number with an iSC250
Steps to manually enter a credit card number on an iSC250 using iSC250 firmware v14 or greater
Using a P2PE device for manual entry: (If the merchant wants all cards to be P2PE encrypted)
- Requirement: Must have a P2PE device
- Setup Requirement: Go to Setup/ POS/ Stores and select your store and in the Main tab: Select Always Require P2PE
- Save, exit and re-enter Counterpoint.
- Then go into Ticket Entry and enter and Item and select Payment and the pay code to be used, on the Swipe Card now screen click the Manual Entry Button (F2). The device will then prompt for the manual entry of the card number.
Non-P2PE device for manual entry: (If the merchant is not using any P2PE devices)
- If P2Pe is not available on the device, can be entered in Counterpoint
- Setup Requirement: Setup/Point of Sale/Stores/Main tab: Select Never require P2PE
- Enter ticket and go to payments and select the pay code to be used. Validations screen appears and can be manually entered.
Some stations have a P2PE device, and some do not: (If the merchant wants to allow card entry on stations that may not have a P2PE device, for example: taking phone orders)
- If some stations have a P2PE device, and some do not, and manual entry is needed on all stations (regardless of the device attached)
- Setup Requirement: Setup/Point of Sale/Stores/Main tab: Select Require P2PE when available
- Stations which have a P2PE device will require the card be entered on the device. Stations with no P2PE device attached will allow manual card entry in Counterpoint directly. This card data will still be encrypted/tokenized by NCR Secure Pay, but it will not be P2PE encrypted, which is an added layer of encryption.
- NOTE: If the store prefers all transactions be P2PE encrypted, they should not select this option - they should select Always require P2PE - which will not allow card data be entered at the device level (or in Counterpoint directly) - unless it’s done on a device that is P2PE.
Note: If using EMV, note that the toolbar needs to be modified to add the Auto Card Payment by Manual Entry button.
If the using EMV, the prompt to enter the card number will appear on the device, regardless of the P2PE requirement setting on the store setup or if the device is encrypted for P2PE.