Error: Catastrophic failure printing to Bluetooth printer
Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF(E_UNEXPECTED)) when trying to print a receipt from CPMobile on a sled equipped iOS device to a Bluetooth printer.
CPMobile: Catastrophic Failure printing to the DDP-350 Bluetooth
- Form groups defined for CPMobile are missing.
- Printer method for the BlueTooth printer is set incorrectly.
- The printer method defined for the form in Setup / Point of Sale / Form Groups is not set to Preview.
- There should be a Bluetooth form group (MOBILEBT) defined under Setup/Point of Sale/Form Groups. If this is missing, run System/Utilities/Predefined Data to create it.
The printer method on the Forms tab of MOBILEBT needs to be set to preview. If it’s set to anything else, this error may occur.
To change the Print Method for defined forms:
- In NCR Counterpoint browse to Setup / Point of Sale / Form Groups
- Enter the Form Group name or click the Lookup button to search for the Form Group to be modified.
- On the Forms tab, select the form from the list.
- At the bottom right use the drop-down menu to select Preview for the Print Method.
- Click the Save button in the toolbar.