INTERNAL - Avery-Brecknell Scale Settings for Counterpoint
This article gives the settings needed for the Avery-Brecknell scale 67xx model to work in Couterpoint using a Serial connection
The default settings on the scale do not work in Counterpoint
1. Power on the indicator by pressing and holding the [ON/OFF] key. The display will go through a display test then go into regular weigh mode.
2. Press the [HOLD] + [ON/OFF] key for 3 seconds. The indicator shows CoNFG to indicate that you are in Setup Menu mode.
3. Press the [UNIT] key until the indicator display shows user.
4. Press the [TARE] key and the indicator display shows reset.
5. Press the [UNIT] key until you see the com port you are using for your software; CoM1 (USB port) or CoM2 (serial port)
6. Press the [TARE] key to select the desired com port.
7. The indicator's display shows bUd.rt. Press the [TARE] key go into the baud rate setting and confirm it is appropriate baud rate for your software: 9600. To toggle to another baud rate setting, press the [UNIT] key until 9600 is displayed.
8. Press the [TARE] key and the display shows bUd.rt. Press the [UNIT] key and the display shows Bt.FMt. Press the [TARE] key to go into the setting and confirm it is the appropriate bit format for your software: 7E1. To select another bit format setting, press the [UNIT] key until 7E1 is displayed.
9. Press the [TARE] key and the display shows bt.FMt. Press the [UNIT] key until the display shows LYoUt.
10. Press the [TARE] key to go into your selection and press the [UNIT] key until the display shows correct protocol needed for your software, SCP02. *Most common as follows scp01 = NCI protocol, scp02 = ECR protocol, scp03 = Toledo 8213 or ibm = IBM protocol.
11. Press the [TARE] key and LYoUt will be displayed.
12. Press the [ZERO] key to display the com port that you were changing.
13. Press the [UNIT] key until the display shows otHEr
14. Press the [TARE] key until the display shows NLd.rG.
15. Press the [UNIT] key until LEGAC is displayed.
16. Press the [TARE] key and a number will be displayed.
17. Press the [UNIT] key until a 2 is displayed.
18. Press the [TARE] key and legacy will be displayed.
19. Press and release the [ZERO/ON/OFF] key until you are all the way out of the Setup Menu mode and into the Normal Weigh mode.
20. Test scale with software. If scale fails communication, contact Brecknell Tech Support at 800-242-2807 for further testing.
This information can also be found at
|Posted - Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM. This article has been viewed 292 times.|
|Online URL: https://counterpoint.knowledgebase.co/article-1269.html|